Course: Children demand basic knowledge about language
Fundamentals of the scientific discipline German (linguistics)
introductory and orientation period (STEOP)
The subject-specific scientific foundations for the subject German are the subject of this course. The focus is on conveying basic knowledge of German linguistics.
show detailsshow less
- Fundamentals and sub-areas of descriptive linguistics and linguistic history
- Specific characteristics of German in comparison with other European and non-European languages (also minority languages)
- Language diversity and first and second language acquisition from a linguistic perspective
The graduates ...
- are familiar with the sub-areas of descriptive linguistics (phonetics/phonology, grammar and syntax, morphology, semantics, pragmatics)
- are able to name specific features of German in comparison to other European and non-European languages (including minority languages)
- can explain the historical changeability, mutual influence, and internal multilingualism of languages (e.g. dialects, sociolects) using examples.
Supra-subject and transversal skills
- Language education
- Intercultural education/multilingualism
Teaching and learning methods
Semester hours per week
Type of course
Lecture series (npi)
Type of assessment
back to overview