Course: Serve children with applied research
Supervision of the Masterâ€™s thesis
Supervision of the Master’s thesis
This course supports the students in writing a Masterâ€™s thesis on a topic related to the professional field. Students choose subject areas in the context of subject didactics and/or educational science approaches. The topics are ideally based on their concrete experience as a teacher at the school location. For the Masterâ€™s thesis, they develop an empirical and/or non-empirical research design on the basis of which they plan and conduct their own research- and theory-based study. In addition to further subject-specific consolidation, they acquire theoretically and methodically sound knowledge in the processing of problems and issues in educational science, subject didactics, and interdisciplinary topics through the writing of the Masterâ€™s thesis. They prepare the presentation of their acquired knowledge and results in the framework of the defence.
show detailsshow less
- Exclusive tutorial: Individual counselling and support in the conception, execution, and writing of the Masterâ€™s thesis by the Masterâ€™s thesis supervisor (1 ECTS-CP)
- Writing workshop: Consultation and support of the writing of the Masterâ€™s thesis in small groups; further development of oneâ€™s own scientific writing skills and consolidation in dealing with specialist literature and scientific conventions (1 ECTS-CP)
- Research workshop: Reflection workshop with a methodological focus (mutual exchange, consultation, discussion, and further development of the individual Masterâ€™s thesis projects in small groups) (2 ECTS-CP)
The graduates ...
- can present the skills acquired during their study programme within the framework of their Masterâ€™s thesis
- can design, carry out and write a research project within the framework of their Masterâ€™s thesis using a scientific approach
- can apply and critically reflect on the principles of theory-based, methodologically sound, and methodologically guided research practice
- are able to discuss the results of their Masterâ€™s thesis and to participate in a scientific discourse about the thematic environment of the Masterâ€™s thesis.
Supra-subject and transversal skills
Teaching and learning methods
- Seminar work with research-oriented workshop character
Semester hours per week
Fundamentals of educational science
Type of course
Research workshop (pi)
Type of assessment
- Oral partial performance
- Written partial performance
back to overview